cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty trying to assist elderly parent - renewal

HAIFA
Tuning in

I am authorised to act on elderly parent's behalf due to difficulty speaking and hearing.

I am finding it impossible to speak to anyone in customer service - the phone hangs me up and chat advises 117 minute + waits. I have spent the morning waiting for a chat response but cannot keep doing this as have to work.

She has been quoted a dreadful renewal price for M125 and talk anytime of £63 and cannot afford this. Current package is £50

BT offer is significantly less and they may also waive installation costs. We want to cancel at the end of the VM contract but BT cannot do a simple switching process without us speaking to you at VM. As above, I cannot get through to anyone to get the process started. Grateful for advice as we cannot have a period where she has no phone or mobile - phone is linked to a carelink device to alert us and healtcare provider if she falls and needs assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi HAIFA,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our Community and welcome back, sorry to hear you have been unable to speak to someone in regards to your Parents account and  to find out when the contract ends, I will be more than happy to help, I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

HAIFA
Tuning in

close to 3 hours now waiting on chat. urgently need to speak to someone about end of contract and ensuring no break in service if go with BT. elderly parent has a care alarm that is linked to landline so we can't have any break in provision

Hi HAIFA,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our Community and welcome back, sorry to hear you have been unable to speak to someone in regards to your Parents account and  to find out when the contract ends, I will be more than happy to help, I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul, finally got through to someone on chat after 3 hourts so hopefully then resolve. really appreciate you responding so quickly by the way. will close this if they manage to help me

Hi HAIFA,

Thank you for the update, glad to hear you are now speaking to someone, if you don't get this resolved and still need help, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.