Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Didn't quite join, but can't leave

I work Adult Social Care and a client I have been referred was telling me she is having problems contacting VM over an anomaly. I'm a Virgin customer I said, it isn't usually difficult, I'll give you some support.

60 minutes later I had to concede defeat.

Very long story short; she moved to a new address and contacted Virgin as a first time customer. She then became quite unwell, necessitating several hospital confinements - that is why we are now involved - so she cancelled. The lady never collected nor received any equipment and consequently never used Virgin services. She had set-up a direct debit however.

A support worker was allocated on her release from hospital and it was realised the DD payments were being taken from her account. With support this was cancelled.

We have just discovered that she is now receiving demands for unpaid monies and the alleged outstanding 'debt' was passed-on to a debt collecting agency. That agency when contacted and agreed it was an error but left it to her to contact Virgin.

This is where I came in.

She/we can get no where without her password - never had one; Phone number - never add one; email address - never had one. We input her account Number  but that's when the security questions begin.

This is having a serious impact on her mental health and well being and needs resolving - as soon as we can actually SPEAK to someone I'm sure it will. 

Can someone please advise?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Didn't quite join, but can't leave

I've flagged your post for the forum staff to pick this up and respond as soon as they can.  That will probably be sometime tomorrow, but they're a helpful crew, and far better than trying to get sense out of VM by phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

That would be great thanks. The lady broke down with frustration when I hit the same 'brick wall' as her.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Good moninrg @Whoopsadaisy

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post, 

I am really sorry that you have had this experience. 

I will be more than happy to look into this for you, I will need to pass DPA so you might need to be with the account holder to do this. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak,

Thanks for the reply.

I need to be very conscious of DPA too, especially on a public board like this. I will not be seeing the lady concerned again until next week, though I could attempt to visit either tomorrow or Friday.

What sort of questions would you need to ask and could they be carried-out over the phone some how. I could PM you my number or indeed the number of the lady concerned. She is stressing over all this however so need to tread carefully. I do have a good deal of her details, full name, address, account no etc. so maybe able to assist?

Thanks

John

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me, 

I popped you a PM over, they would be the information that we needed, 

If you take a look at the purple envelope it should be in there. 

Unfortunately we are not able to arrange call backs from here. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak,

Don't appear to have received a PM.

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Whoopsadaisy 

I will send it over again now. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak, Got your PM that time but cannot reply to you through PM for some reason. I am using my local authority laptop which seems to have an older browser so may not be fully compatible with this board.

To answer one of your questions: the lady has no idea what her password or phrase is - see my OP. That was the sticking point over the phone yesterday. There really ought to be some other way of getting this accessed and revolved.

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your replay. 

That isn't a problem, I can offer you alternative security questions? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos