Menu
zombiebrian
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Default that's not my fault

I'm furious, Been going through the mortgage process for the first time only to find out that Virgin whom we left earlier this year has a default on our credit score. 

Now when we left we were very conscious of the fact we had been using the phone to pay our bill and given they had automatically signed us up for paperless billing when we started using 150 to pay out bill we would not have a way to pay once the services would be removed. So when my wife phoned to close our account she asked if we can be sent a final bill. (my wife actually asked 3 times)

We were told we would be but only after the equipment (tivo box, router) had been collected. After a couple of months they finally showed up for that and we were again told a final bill was coming by the person collecting the stuff.

Months go by with no contact nothing from Virgin about anything and to be fair we figure no news was good news. Its only when we started going through the process of attempting to buy a house that we find out that vigin has left us a default on our account.

We try to call and jeeze you would think we were trying to rob you guys with the security questions, Like what email address that we never used it connected to the account. what mobile number did you use 10 years ago when the account was made. Eventually we get through and are told the accounts balance has been zero'ed and are given the credit file amendments email address. 

We are then told that they cant do anything until the balance has been cleared (!) so first the account is 0 and now I'm still due money. Whatever I just want it gone I think. I go through the hell of security again fail this time and am given the opportunity to pay the bill blind (they wont even tell me the amount due) Then email the file amendments guy back telling them it was paid can they please clear the default because its not our fault.

They then mark the debt as paid on the file and that's it... but they haven't removed the default which is their mistake not mine. So we are about to lose the house we found bid on and won all because Virgin media hasn't the brains to provide people with a way to pay for their services. 

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Default that's not my fault

Hi there @zombiebrian

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums.

I'm so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your former account! 

I'd be happy to take a look into this with you further via a PM, I'll pop one across now. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos