cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default payment on credit file

davidmc91
Joining in

Hi there,

I was issued with a default payment of £80 on my file in September 2017 that I was not made aware of until today. I've now paid it.

1 - How do I amend my credit file to fix this

2 - How do i make a complaint regarding this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
if you have paid it VM should report it as settled but it will not get removed from the credit file as its a true record of the debt for other lenders to see and use that when deciding about credit

The main issue is I was not told about this outstanding payment until 3 years later. It's affecting me getting a mortgage and I need it sorted, do you happen to know a number I can phone to get this off my credit file

Anonymous
Not applicable
you won't be able to get it off your file.
Your online account would have had your bills. If your Direct debit was still active the payment would have done out.

How do I make an complaint then regarding this because I was not made aware of this outstanding payment and now I'm potentially going to get declined for a mortgage and lose my house.

I've apparently had it on my file for 3 years and not once was it chased it or did anybody contact me to tell me about it

Anonymous
Not applicable
its importent to monitor your credit file and deal with debts.

There is no rules saying companies have to chase a debt. The only way it would of not been paid would be if you cancelled the DD without checking the final bill online.

If you had paperless billing it would of been on your account as agreed int he contract

I do deal with my debts, but a normal competent company makes you aware of debts that are required to be paid.

Thanks for trying to help even if you didn't resolve the issue. I'll resort to emailing them as phoning VM is no use

Anonymous
Not applicable
VM have no email addresses for CS. you need to call in.But all you can do is pay it as said it won't be removed if it was valid

Do you happen to have a number for me to call in?

Anonymous
Not applicable
0345 454 1111