cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default on credit file

Aidan0310
Joining in

Hi 

I recently noticed a default on my credit files for Experian and equifax so I asked virgin to provide me with a subject access request which they said they could not provide as my I’d did not match the name on the account but this account shows on my credit file I went to equifax to complain and virgin responded saying they would investigate but have done nothing I have emailed numerous times and get no response 

have sent equifax complaint number to them and pictures of credit file showing info on report and they just ignore my emails

absoulutely shocking company to deal with

8 REPLIES 8

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Aidan0310, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your credit file. 

In order to look in to this further, I am going to pop you over a private message to take a few more details. 

This will be available via the red bar at the top of the page.

Speak soon, 

Nat

Aidan0310
Joining in

Been trying with virgin now to get a resolution to information on my credit file which I believe is incorrect 

email them and they don’t even respond ,refuse to give me access to a subject access request they have phoned me twice saying we are trying to deal with your problem but never ever call back

have told them this is not helping with the anxiety of which I suffer and still do nothing

absolutely shocking customer service and feel like the representatives are trained not to resolve your problems 

I bet if I was ringing to place an order it would be a totally different scenario

i am now going to make a complaint to if ofcom,information commissioner office and financial ombudsman 

I think this company believe I will just drop my complaint 

awful company of which I will never use and if people have any sense will steer clear

Anyone know anyway of helping with this credit file complaint 

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Aidan0310,

Sorry to hear that this is still ongoing for you and has yet to be fully resolved, I can see you have recently been in a private message with us, what I would advise is going back to that agent so that they would be able to help you further.

Joe

The agent I dealt with told me to wait a week and he will look further into it

i messaged yesterday asking how to complain and even that is complicated because it asked me to sign into my virgin media account which I don’t have as I am not a customer of virgin 

you refuse to give me a subject access request as you keep saying I am not a customer but you are posting details on my credit file 

surely this is a breach of data protection 

I will message him again now

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whilst waiting for the forum team to respond do consider making a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) here DSAR | Virgin Media

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Aidan0310
Joining in

so once again I’m on this forum

made a complaint about incorrect info on my credit file

just went round in circles until someone from the executive team phoned to assist with my complaint 

thought I had finally got somewhere as they said they we’re going to amend my credit file but it’s never that straightforward with virgin cause some reason the y can’t amend it in the executive team so I have to email ‘creditfileamendments’ and surprise surprise you get no joy just standard email saying we have received your email and then a day later we can’t find your accounts please send details 

every time I send my details so they are obviously just standard emails everyone receives 

told customer service how this was making me I’ll as I suffer from mental health issues and they disconnect me saying I didn’t pass security but I had been talking about my account for 20 minutes 

absoulutely shocking company to deal with who don’t take any complaints seriosly

they just don’t care how there actions affect anybody

avoid this company at all costs

Hi Aidan0310,

I'm terribly sorry to hear that this issue still hasn't been sorted for you and for the conflicting information you've received. I can imagine your frustration.

I've sent you a message so I can take a thorough look at this for you and do my best to get it all sorted.

Beth

Once again virgin media at there best 

made a complaint about my credit file they sent me an email saying complaints resolved 

email creditfileamendments and the incorrect info will be resolved 

but no after hours of trying to speak to someone it seems my complaint has not been resolved and it’s still open

oh and they ask security checks and when I give clear answer say it’s wrong is it just to not talk to you

the company is corrupt 

I really feel like going to the newspapers and see if they will take my story 

I have explained about my mental health and how they are affecting me and how do they react

they put the phone down 

a company that so twisted