cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default filed

Rome1878
Joining in
I was a loyal customer of Virgin media for a year from January 2021, and made sure that I have been paying all my bills on time. Unfortunately I had to leave Virgin Media as I had to relocate to a different area where I could not take my broadband to. I was told that I could not close my account by one of Virgin Media advisors, and that the account will be transferred to the new tenants and they will be responsible for the payments from then. I have not received any other calls or notifications from Virgin media after that about any outstanding bills, other than a call from a debt collection agency, to whom I have explained this situation. Even though I was not responsible for the payment of the bill, I paid almost £91 to settle the account.

It was recently that I came to know that a credit default has been filed against me, which would not allow me to obtain credit from any sources. I tried contacting Virgin Media and the debt collection agency, but both the sources assure me that the credit default won't affect my credit score. But that is not the case. 

I kindly request you to make any amends to my credit file, and to remove the default, as it is seriously affecting my life. I do not know what to do anymore. Please advise me what I could do, or pay anything more to remove this credit default.

1 REPLY 1

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Rome1878,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you were advised your account would be transferred to your tenants and now a default has been added to your credit file. 

If you send an email to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk our team will be able to investigate this further for you and make the relevant alterations. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs