cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deceitful contract, billing and sales tacktics

FKA
On our wavelength

I'd been on a mate's rates package for several years (Via an Exec at VM!) and the cost kept creeping up to the point it was no longer competitive. In Feb 2022 I renegotiate an acceptable rate.. Still in contract in March 2023 I receive a letter stating that rate goes up by £15 in May 2023 (still in contract)..

I did nothing about this as I didn't have time to deal with it. However, with no prior notification, at the end of my 18 month contract this month, my billing goes up to £120 from £85. No email, no letter.. I discovered this via a jolly email from VM last night stating "by the way, you're now paying £120. Maybe you'd like to renegotiate". As billing is in advance, I've already paid this increased rate in July 2023.

Fine I'll call retentions and renegotiate.
Call handler tells me he can absolutely give me the Ultimate Volt Bundle at the same rate as advertised on VM's webpage. In fact he can do better than £85 per month, please hold caller!
Comes back on the call. Yes sir I've managed to get it down to £80 per month for you.. Super I'll go for it ..
As noted on the webpage, this bundle is £60 to VM + £25 to O2 for a SIM card. A SIM I don't need as I have a company mobile but fine, if it means I get the VM bundle, great!
As the call progresses the handler quickly says - so that's £80 for the bundle and now we need to setup an account with o2 and you'll pay £25pm... total £105pm

Hold on their son-shine! That's not what's advertised!.. You told me you can do the same deal offered on the VM website didn't you?! .. Oh yes sir but that's just for the first contract... So it's not the same deal is it mate!!!!

Seriously Virgin - do you want to retain customers?? Be up front will billing changes! Be up front when trying to sell customers packages! And offer existing customers that are out of contract the same deals available to new customers...

Unless I'm offered the bundle as advertised, I'm out of here having been a customer for nearly 20 years!!!

3 REPLIES 3

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @FKA 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you're not happy with your current rate and you've not had the best experience when trying to negotiate a new deal with our team.

We're unable to assist with package changes here via the Forums but please do give the Retentions team another call on 0345 454 1111 so they can review your package to best suit your needs and budget. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Robertus
Tuning in

Don’t call! I was lied to multiple times via phone. I litteeally had a contract in front of me, it’s a total joke.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@FKA wrote:

As noted on the webpage, this bundle is £60 to VM + £25 to O2 for a SIM card.

Did the agent point this out, or did you?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks