Menu
audger3
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Deceased Husband - Out of contract, needing to leave.

Hello,

I am out of contract and wishing to leave, as my husband has passed away and I can no longer afford or have much use for the cable services of TV, phone and internet.

At 10:33 this morning I called 150 and at 10:53 I spoke to a personand I explained my situation.

He then put me on hold for 45 minutes and then the call was disconnected.

My husband passed away on the 5th of January. I no longer wish to remain with any of Virginmedia services, as he was the main user of them.

This is a very stressful time for me and I was hoping this matter could be resolved quickly,

Yours Sincerely,

Audrey.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Deceased Husband - Out of contract, needing to leave.

Hi Audrey,

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Sending you prayers and support.

The following link should help you cancel the VM services. Bereavement 

It includes a link to download a bereavement form which you can email to VM, and also a direct freephone number for that department.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
audger3
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply newapollo and your information is helpful.

However, I am aware now having read a few threads this is a commonplace issue.

I will contact virgin via the phone again, but it seems there's no onus on them to respond or close the account.

In addition I have had to deal with various companies since my husbands death, all have resolved within a half hour phonecall. I am quite shocked, I can't as an out of contract customer leave and that virgin media will continue to try to bill me £136 a month despite barely surviving financially and on a pension.

I did not want to have to face any stressful issues at this time, the funeral only took place last wednesday.

So far I have spent 25 minutes waiting for a response on the bereavement line. It is not even clear that they can help? The form process will mean I have to pay an additional months cost

The bereavement team has now hung up in the process of trasferring me back to 150.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello @audger3

Welcome to our Community and thank you for your first post - I was very sorry to hear of the passing of your husband, our deepest condolences. 

After locating your account, I can see that you have since contacted us directly; please do not hesitate to get back in touch if you need any further assistance. 

Thank you

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

wez
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you are the named account holder the Bereavement Team can't assist you I'm afraid.

You will need to follow the normal process with 30 days notice.

0 Kudos