Menu
clodagh1
Settling in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Debt collection letter received not justified

Hi,

I am really outraged to receive a bill of  342 euro from a debt collector this morning by email.

I cancelled my  TV/brand subscription within Virgin policy rules, i.e. after one year and by posting in a cancellation form last Sep 20.

I continued to receive bills so made numerous attempts to call Virgin but got cut off after waiting about an hour each time. I called into their shop but was advised I had to ring. The assistant also complained of  not being able to get through by phone and by being cut off after waiting for an extremely long time.

I checked their website and they advised to contact by WhatsApp which I did  and explained that I had cancelled but just got automatic responses back.

Can someone pls advise

Thanks

Clodagh

Virgin  can see I did not use their service from Aug 20 onwards as had moved to an alternative provider.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Debt collection letter received not justified

euro? then its not a Virgin UK bill. Where are you from

also all VM stops are closed

And they do not use whatsapp

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Outraged you may be but it is clear that is is an issue for Virgin Media in Ireland not the UK. This Forum is for VM UK customers only and can't help you. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
clodagh1
Settling in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I didn't realise this was a UK forum, but policies shouldn't really differ.

fyi I called into the shop, when they are opened.

On the irish VM website advises using WhatsApp if you can't get through by phone.

I also received responses from WhatsApp just not useful or relevant, so they didn't advise that WhatsApp was not in use

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Policies might be the same but the company is separate from the Irish side, the team in the UK have no access to any of the accounts or tools that the Irish company uses. So I am afraid you will need to contact Irish support.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos