Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Debt Collector Threat

Hi,

Bit of a loss here - received a text from VM telling me my account was to be passed to a Debt Recovery Agency. Not quite sure why, there are no unpaid bills on my account, I returned my router months ago, and I cannot view my bill to see what these charges are.

I most certainly don't owe VM a bill, so I'm confused where this charge is coming from? Had no luck at all calling the helpline after work - is there someone I can talk to here please?

[TL:DR]

• Had an absolute nightmare with VM since Easter.
  • Being threatened with Debt Collectors, although I dispute that anything is owed.
  • Help appreciated.

Thanks

Matthew.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Debt Collector Threat

Search read and follow the Virgin Media Consumer Complaints Code of Practice.  In most regulated industries, companies aren't supposed to pursue debt that is in the dispute process.  Don't mess with the crap and unreliable on-line complaints form, nor try and phone VM, do it in writing by recorded post.

Even then, expect to have to escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS.

If you are lucky, the helpful forum staff will take ownership and sort this out, and I'd give them a day or two to pick this up (once a complaint is in the formal complaint process it is out of their hands).  That will be the quickest and best outcome for both sides, but don't settle for am unsatisfactory compromise for that reason.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Debt Collector Threat

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums. VM-Newcastle

Sorry to hear this has occurred. Some solid advice from @Andruser. But I can probably get it sorted quicker if you still have the shipping details of the router. I'll PM you get confirm and discuss your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C