Menu
drewconnor33
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Death

My Dad died last week and ive spent 4 hours now on the phone. I just want to reset his password so I can login to his emails. Holiday companies are sending important emails as I try to cancel his holidays. Plus if any of friends or family who dont yet know send him an email. Wed like to respond.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Death

I want you to understand something when you read my advice. VM are just awful at handling this kind of issue. I have been saying this since I first gave advice 5 years ago on this Forum. It doesn't get any better. Why VM can't give this advice over the phone and put people who need help in touch with the bereavement team is quite beyond me.

If you find my advice difficult to swallow then that is just how it is. I am not being unfeeling (quite the opposite). I just want you to know what to do and why you can't simply do as you want.

Now my condolences on your loss. And I'm sorry that you will still have obstacles in the way in resolving these issues and managing things following this sad event.

You can't just access the emails you want. The account isn't yours and VM will not, as a matter of law, just give you access to it or change the password so you do have access to it. In this they have right on their side.

You can arrange for the account to be transferred to you so that you become the customer.  Then you can have access. There is a set procedure to follow. In the fact the procedure is now the only time, as result of a recent change,  that VM will transfer an account between two people, one of whom (you) is not the account holder. 

Follow the guidance here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/account-holder-has-died

Hopefully the procedure will work for you. Fingers crossed

If it doesn't come back here in this thread and we will advise further. We can also the VM staff to take a look as a matter of priority. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Death

Hello drewconnor33

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am vey sorry to hear of the loss of your Father. On behalf of myself and Virgin Media, please accept our condolences. 

Unfortunately, in order to access the emails, we would need to arrange the transfer of the account over to yourself or another person.

We would be happy to arrange this for you but the quickest way to get this resolved would be to speak to our dedicated bereavement team on 0800 952 2302. Further information regarding the process can be found here.

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos