Menu
inu3219
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Death of Account Holder

Hello,

My father, who was the account holder of our Virgin Media package, has unfortunately lost his life to the dreaded virus.

I'm after a little bit of advice as to what my options are. First of all i'll need the account to be transferred onto my name and secondly, i need to see if i can downgrade the package as due to the circumstances at hand, i won't be able to afford the monthly payments.

Any advice is appreciated!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Death of Account Holder

Hello

Very sorry for your lose, you will find the information required here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/account-holder-has-died

If you transfer once the transfer has been completed then you can downgrade your account.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Death of Account Holder

Hi inu3219,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums, I am very sorry your recent loss, my thoughts go out to both yourself and family during this difficult time.

Please do let us know if you have been able to complete the account transform form, or call us on 0800 952 2302 as shown on the link provided by DJ_Shadow1966 - this would be our correct account transfer process.

If there's anything at all we can do to help further from here, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest regards,

Beth

0 Kudos