cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deaf customer assistance please

Charles1977
Tuning in

I want to downgrade or cancel my broadband, as mentioned in the title I am deaf. I do not have a text phone, I do not sign or lip read.

My broadband has become more expensive I can no longer afford it, I have found many different providers that offer me a better price deal. I can even see better deals from you my current provider but I can not downgrade or cancel my current account online.

My contract ran out in 2018 so I can not see a reason why I can not do this online but this is the way virgin do things. I can either phone or be stuck with a service I can no longer afford.

I'm finding it embarrassing to have to say all this in a forum, having to share medical information and admit I can not afford your high prices in public. This is also triggering my social anxiety disorder.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Charles1977
Tuning in

Cancel this request I found help via reddit. I would like to say though...

You need better communication options for people with disabilities. I should not have gone to multiple forums to seek help with what should of a been private conversation.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Charles1977
Tuning in

Cancel this request I found help via reddit. I would like to say though...

You need better communication options for people with disabilities. I should not have gone to multiple forums to seek help with what should of a been private conversation.

Keenzo
Up to speed

you can cancel by writing to the sunderland adress, if doing so make sure you send it recorded delivery so you have proof

Hi there @Charles1977 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you on the team. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue arranging a cancellation, we do not typically handle cancellation via the forums but due to the circumstance I would be more than happy to see how I can help. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.