Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Deadlock letter

Hi. I posted the review below on trustpilot reference the lousy experience I've had when leaving Virgin. I was signposted here, but no information on which section to use.  I spoke to one advisor and one manager about my complaint and was told I'd get a deadlock letter. That was well over a week ago. Since then I've had another bill and letter chasing payment and stating if I wasn't happy with the service I should let them know (I did! Waste of time!).  I am remarkably unhappy about Virgin's incompetence and the time I have had to chase to try and sort out the mess. Also about the way I've been spoken to, the attitude and the complaints process itself. I will go to the ombudsman as soon as I get my letter but any advice on how long it should take?

"Unbelievably rude. Rang to cancel in January after 12 months of lousy broadband. Wasn't told I had to give 30 days notice - plus the cancellation wasn't put through properly, even though I rang back to check. They then tried to take £75 from my account and when I rang them, the agent used phrases like 'give you the benefit of the doubt' even though it was recorded on their system that I'd called to cancel when I said I had. Have spent hours trying to sort out their errors but apparently they don't offer goodwill gestures and from the attitude I've had, they couldn't care less about their customer service or reputation either."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deadlock letter

No requirement on VM to issue deadlock letters -n that's at the company's discretion.  You probably have to wait the eight weeks from lodging a complaint (or being told your issue was being handled as a complaint), and then you can escalate to CISAS without a deadlock letter.  You can also phone CISAS for advice on the process of escalating to them (but not the actual issue of the complaint).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos