cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deadlock Letter

Joshyt
Joining in

Hi,

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the deadlock letter and what can be done to hurry this along.

I've been sent round the houses by Virgin since February and getting sick of it. Apparently it's being escalated and reviewed. Probably spoken/corresponded with about 10 people now who look into this say this is very strange the come back with "computer says no". I've also had a couple of emails which say "Resolution: An apology".

Need the deadlock so I can kick things of with CISAS.

Any help would be welcome!

Many thanks in advance!

Josh

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-complaint under point 4 "Independent Adjudication"

The option to refer to CISAS is available 8weeks after your complaint was received, should a mutually agreeable outcome not have been reached.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

"or we confirm in writing before the 8 weeks"

This part of the process is the "deadlock letter" I'm asking how this can be hurried up!

Cheers,

Josh

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If we haven’t reached an agreed settlement within 8 weeks of receiving
your complaint, or we agree in writing before the 8 weeks are up that the dispute should be settled by independent adjudication, we’ll send you a letter or email confirming that you have the right to refer your complaint for independent consideration through Alternative Dispute Resolution.

[ Source: Read our Complaints Code of Practice ]

As more than 8-weeks have passed the latter statement referring to a deadlock letter is void, i.e. no longer valid; as already mentioned earlier by japitts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums Joshyt, and a very warm welcome to you

If you're simply able to approach CISAS and advise them that we've agreed to send a deadlock letter, but this has not been received, they will still be able to assist you.

You actually don't physically need to have the letter to prove this to them, but having the complaint reference would be handy

Kindest regards,

David_Bn