cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged utility cover in street

simon73580
Joining in

The utility cover in the street outside my house is damaged. I am concerned that the cables in there may become damaged and it is also a trip hazard for pedestrians as there is no pavement. Please could you replace it?

signal-2023-06-01-20-25-32-131.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi simon73580,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Many apologies for the issues faced here, just to clarify is this exposed cover on your property or through a public footpath?

Let us know,

Kain

weesteev
Dialled in

That looks like a swept tee cover, one of the older style square ones (probably ex-NTL area). This will be in the public highway as it was fitted at the boundary of the customers property. The only cable sin this box will be drop cables leading to the customers home, very unlikely they would be damaged unless someone goes in there with a pair of snips! But it will be a trip hazard if its in the public highway 👍

Even though I work for Liberty Global, all comments are my own and not an expression of the company.

Thank you for your fast response @weesteev 

Are you able to let us know the closest address of this utility cover and any nearby identifiable landmarks? If you are uncomfortable with giving this publically, I can send you a private message to get this information and pass it on to the relevant team.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

weesteev
Dialled in

Im not the OP, you would need to ask Simon73580 🤣

Even though I work for Liberty Global, all comments are my own and not an expression of the company.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @simon73580 

Thanks for your post

If you can advise of the above my colleague has asked for we can look to get this sorted for you 🙂

Travis_M
Forum Team

simon73580
Joining in

Hi,

It's on the road immediately outside my driveway. There is no footpath at this point. The road is very narrow and only wide enough for one car so it is constantly used by pedestrians.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @weesteev 

Thanks for your response

I'll drop you a private message now so we can confirm the exact address location to have this sorted

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

simon73580
Joining in

This still hasn't been sorted. Why are you contacting weesteev and asking for his address? It was me who started the thread because the problem is outside my address.

Our apologies for that simon73580.

I will private message you now to confirm the details. 

^Martin