Menu
Fletch03
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Damaged external cable

I’ve noticed my external cable that runs outside within a gutter had been shredded or chewed down to the copper wire. No issues on tv yet but suspect it will experience problems soon. 

Whats the best number to book an engineer has struggling navigating around VM help page 

cheers 

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged external cable

It is usually a good idea to try and post up some photos of the damage if you can. Since the issue hasn't produced a fault as yet, it helps the forum team decide how best to proceed with the request for repair.

0 Kudos
Fletch03
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oh dear! That certainly looks like it is well and truly and completely kaput! I'm amazed that it is still working. Are you sure that is what is providing your connection?

Unfortunately I don't think the VM forum team can access pictures on 3rd party sites. You need to post it direct to the forum.

Why anyone would think installing a cable in a gutter is a good idea, I cannot fathom!

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Fletch03

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us. 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear your external cable is damaged, as helpfully advised by @goslow, unfortunately I'm unable to access the icloud link provided. Please post the pictures on the thread so I can escalate this to the Area Field Manager for you. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Fletch03
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sofia,

The app won’t let me upload photos as file is to big, is there an email address I can send it to please?

thanks 

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick response @Fletch03

Apologies about that, I'm going to send you a PM so we can get this sorted. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of your screen. 

Thanks 🙂 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the email Luke. 

I've now escalated this to the Area Field Manager and will update you as soon as they get in touch 🙂 

Thanks,

Sofia 

Sofia
Forum Team