cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged cable box

Sylwia82
Joining in

Hello our cable box its damage, sometimes the internet goes down, how can i report it to get it fixed.

333730598_674713914424814_8605423842249660683_n.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sylwia82,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that there's an issue with your omni box being damaged/removed. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that I can assist you with this. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sylwia82,

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly via private message. As discussed there, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked to get this sorted out.

Please do let us know how it goes for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I have the exact same issue.  The box on terraced property next door, who may or may not be Virgin customers, do too.  Happened very recently.  Please let me know @Zack_R how to go about reporting it.  (Quite why Virgin keep this method as a "need-to-know-only" secret, is puzzling though.)2023-07-08 20.00.21.jpg

Hi @LGTilley,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear/see that the omni box appears to be damaged. To clarify, this is yours or is this your neighbour's?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

This one's mine.  My neighbour's is not dissimilar though.

Hi @LGTilley,

Thank you for clarifying. I'll send you a private message shortly so we can take some further details and get this sorted out for you.

If you can advise your neighbour to get in touch, either here on the community forums or using the details on the Contact Us page of our website, we can get theirs looked at too.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Hi @LGTilley

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly via private message so that we could look into this for you. As we discussed there, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly, but this can be checked and managed via the My Virgin Media online account. It may not appear straight away, but after an hour or so it should update and show it.

A fault technician visit is free of charge unless one of the below instances apply:

•    You are not present for the technician visit (not applicable for accessible outdoor equipment).
•    The fault is due to your own equipment.
•    The fault is due to damage caused by yourself or someone at the premises which we were not aware of.
•    The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

If any of the above apply, there will be a £25 charge which will be added to the next monthly bill.

You can find more information about this here.

Let us know how the visit goes either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team