Menu
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Damaged/Open Street Cabinet

To Whom It May Concern:

I have noticed today (as it was hidden behind some wheelie bins) that the Street Cabinet at the end of my cul-de-sac has recently been badly damaged - please see attached pictures.

I have attempted to secure the front panel to stop access to the cabling however, this is very much a temporary measure as the whole unit needs to be replaced!

Cabinet ID:  LSF7047

Location:  Uplands, Stevenage SG2 7DN (on edge of pavement opposite number 21).

I would appreciate someone from Virgin Media looking into this matter and advising further - thank you.

1 - Damaged Cabinet (LSF7047).jpg2 - Damaged Cabinet (LSF7047).jpg3 - Damaged Cabinet (LSF7047).jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged/Open Street Cabinet

Hi you could also phone the report a box problem no 0330 333 0444 it's an automated system so have the location details, same as your post, to hand.Regards Micky
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You can also report things like that (and other street related issues) here:

https://www.fixmystreet.com

I've used it to report cabinet vandalism and they identified the owner and had it fixed right away. 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Magic66,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I'd be more than happy to get this reported for you. I also really appreciate your temporary resolution, it's rare that anyone takes it upon themselves to secure any damaged cabinets.

I'll send an email over to our dedicated maintenance team to pick this up as soon as possible. We'll let you know as soon as they get back to us with any reference or updates.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, LIttleMick 73 - appreciate your response and an alternative option for any future problems!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Lawrie_Dale and welcome to the Forums! Appreciate your response and an alternative option for any future problems.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Rachael_F - appreciate your response and will look out for your updates. I will also keep an eye on ensuring the cover stays in place in the meantime as the cabinet position gets hit directly by all the elements (not to mention whoever hit it in the first place!!)
0 Kudos