Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Damage to propery

Hi,

Virgin Media came in November 2019  to fix a broken internet cable.  They sent a contractor from JT Cabling, contractor damaged our front shop window.  I have written twice to complaints and  spent hours on live chat, only to be told by Virgin that this is not their problem.  JT Cabling have admitted liability but will not pay the bill and looks like I need to go to court to recover. Why are Virgin not helping in this matter?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damage to propery

You are a customer of VM not the sub contractor. Try the small claims court in the first instance, everything can be done online.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wendyj1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry to hear that the contractor damaged your shop window, this is disappointing to hear and isn't the level of service we aim to provide. 

As you mentioned we damaged your shop window can you confirm if this is a business account you have with us? If so you will need to contact our Business team directly as I'm afraid we can only assist with residential accounts from here. You can find out business details here

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

thanks for your reply.  Yes this is a business account and it was our shop front window.  I have contacted Business and have only got the final reply that it has nothing to do with Virgin. It states in your complaint code, that after receiving my letter you would respond within 48 hours, I have sent 2 letters and no response.  Is there a way I can get a manager to contact me and take this forward, I have spent too much time already chasing this.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for your reply.  I have taken legal advice and I too thought it was Virgin's issue, but I have to take the cabling company to court.  There are fees for this and they are now not even responding to me, so I believe even if I won, I would still have to go down the baliff road.  They have already admitted liability and have promised 4 times to pay the bill (£1700) but are obviously in no rush if any to pay.  Any other suggestions? Do you know anyone I can contact in Virgin Media directly?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Wendyj1,

You will have to contact the business team directly if you remain unhappy with what has been advised. 

I can only apologise we cannot assist further from here. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, do you have a senior manager contact? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@WendyJ1 wrote:

Hi, thanks for your reply.  I have taken legal advice and I too thought it was Virgin's issue, but I have to take the cabling company to court.  There are fees for this and they are now not even responding to me, so I believe even if I won, I would still have to go down the baliff road.  They have already admitted liability and have promised 4 times to pay the bill (£1700) but are obviously in no rush if any to pay.  Any other suggestions? Do you know anyone I can contact in Virgin Media directly?

Your contract is with VM, it is VM that you should be taking to court.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid not from here, it would be the business team that can provide you this information. Please use the business contact link given above. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I need to escalate this as no one has contacted me, I have sent two recorded letters but still no response, do you have an email address or contact?

0 Kudos