cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dad passed away and now we can't access the account

ravi_maher
Joining in

Hi,

My dad unfortunately passed away and I sent a bereavement transfer form to VM. A few days ago the internet went offline during the transfer and did not come back online until I gave them a call. 

My mother and I have decided to cancel the plan as we have found a better deal elsewhere, I called VM about 5 times today but was sent around in circles.

They are telling me that the account number has changed but I have not received any emails regarding this, on the transfer form they asked me for an email. I have tried to give them this to get through security but they say it is not correct and won't let me continue to the account. I spoke to someone on chat and they stated that I had to register a new account with the new email but when I tried to do that it says "You have left VM and cannot create a new account".

What gives lol, surely it shouldn't be this difficult right?

Sorry for my bad grammar, I am stressed. 

Edit:

Also received a message stating that an engineer will be over on the 29th and If no-one is there then we have to pay £25. I did not ask for an engineer at any stage. 

4 REPLIES 4

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey ravi_mather, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community , I am so sorry to hear about this.

I have checked and I can see you've been speaking the team since this post.

Did they manage to get this resolved for you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

No, I have not been speaking to anyone since this post. 

No problem at all, I will send you a PM now.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

It would go to your email yeah, I have already sent please can you just confirm the email for me and just double check the spam / junk folder.

Sometimes it may take an hour to come. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?