Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

DO NOT EVER GET VIRGIN MEDIA - MUST READ BEFORE GETTING THEIR SERVICES, WORST SERVICE IMAGINABLE!

This is my last ditch attempt at getting some sort of customer service before I go to CIFAS, a complaint to them will be inevitable as I have never experienced such a bad service, it's truly bone chillingly awful. What a shame since it could be such a great company if it wasn't being managed by people with complete incompetence.

I have currently 6 Virgin media accounts but have had more in the past because I run Air bnbs and wanted to install Virgin services in all of them for Broadband and TV services. A gentleman called Chris from the sales department many years ago told me that if I was adding on new accounts for new properties just to contact him and he would set it up for me. He did this as he promised and it worked great, smooth fast and easy. However, when he then left the company it transpired that he should have actually given us a bulk business account for each of our new lines and not just individual accounts in my personal name. Virgin then refused to allow us to get any new accounts without paying for them in full up front (12 months) for no apparent reason as we had paid all bills on time in full every month. 

Fast forward to now and we have had to move from two properties on the same street to another two properties, essentially just different flat numbers. You would think the home move process would be easy.... but oh no. They said there was some restrictions at the new addresses perhaps due to no payment of bills from a previous tenants, doesn't really seem right that the new tenant should have to face difficulty because of this especially with an existing account in good shape that's just moving there, different story if it was a brand new account perhaps but even still... Spoke to Gilyn on Live chat on June 2nd to arrange the moves and he said there was an outstanding bill that needed paid first of £147. We didn't think this bill was accurate and had no record of it but said if we pay the bill now and complain after will you arrange the appointments for us? He simply replied and said yes of course. We paid the bill and two minutes later he said he wasn't able to make the appointments and had to write off to another team and ask them to remove the restrictions at these addresses and he would call back the next day. I was, of course, furious that I had been lied to and essentially blackmailed into paying a sum of money that I had no record of just so that we could get our new services installed only to find out that wasn't the case after paying... he didn't ever call back and that was 4 weeks ago, he raised a complaint and again we have heard nothing back about the complaint and subsequent call handlers cannot find any record of this complaint either.

4 weeks on and we still have no services at the new addresses and have been charged for our June bill, I have kept a record of all calls in the last 5 weeks and the total time I have spent now on 17 different calls is 21 hours and 37 minutes. All to an 0345 number on my mobile so this has probably cost me around £150-£200. It's not even the money, it's the fact that after all that time nobody has taken any ownership and nobody will help. They are inept beyond any reasonable belief, I have been lied to blatantly, as evidenced above, I've been given wrong opening times for departments. I've had the call drop so many times I have lost count and after spending so much time explaining my ordeal they don't even bother to call back... they then claim their outbound call service is down yet they didn't bother to drop an email and arrange a call another time or to continue the conversation via email. I now have 4 outstanding complaints and none of them have I heard anything back about. The call centre agents can't ever find our account with just the postcode either I have to give them account numbers but when we have several accounts and none of the bills have the addresses on them we don't know what account relates to what address and they refuse to tell us over the phone even though we have passed security. 

I have spoken to not one but FOUR different agents in the retentions team - Dale Husband, unknown agent who left no record of our long call, Alice and lastly Nick from the Swansea call centre. The latter told me wrong opening times and had the attitude of a sulky teenager, he constantly told me he was trying to help (at least 100 times) yet hasn't helped at all, he claimed that a lot of his colleagues just drop the calls on customers but he doesn't do that. When I asked him if that was really the impression his manager would like him to give to other customers he said I don't know I think they should be more bothered about the other agents that put the phone down on customers than me. Touche. But it goes it show you the ethos here and why no complaint ever gets resolved. He also asked me if I agreed that the collections team would be able to help me or not in finding a rogue payment, I said I have no idea what they can do you tell me you work there and know the systems... this is the same agent that claimed that the retentions team have no access to customer complaints. So, a team that's designed to retain aggrieved customers has no access to see what's been happening with their accounts? It's just a joke, whether that information is correct or not it certainly shouldn't be.

Good customers should be rewarded for their loyalty. For all the accounts I have had over the years I should have bee treated like a Saint by them but instead get treated like a criminal, I will have no choice soon other than to disconnect the services myself manually, throw their equipment in the bin where it belongs alongside their customer service skills and go with SKY or BT. There is a reason this company rates so lowly on Trustpilot. I have spent almost 22 hours on phones/emails, I ahve sent 4 emails to their retentions team (Dale Husband) and in 2 weeks he has replied to not one of my emails after emailing me himself asking for a copy of the live chat where the agent lied to me, he recieved that and has never said anything back.... FROM A TEAM THAT'S MEANT TO TRY AND KEEP CUSTOMERS!!! WHAT DOES THAT SAY!!!

This could have been dealt with in 20 minutes if any agent was competent enough. A quick call to the relevant department to get all of our accounts put into one bulk account would have been a start, ensuring our 2 home mover accounts got installed ASAP would have been the next and then lastly finding out where our £147.00 payment went to because so far it's not been allocated to any of our accounts and no refund has been offered, they have actually even suggested that my bank would be able to tell me which of my Virgin media accounts it was allocated to as if the bank somehow access their systems and update customer accounts once they've been debited. Monkey's could do a better job, and that's no joke. If anyone has any ideas how to actually get Virgin to sit up and listen then I'm all ears because I'm now at my wits end. It's seriously effected my mental health and I'm genuinely now very distressed by it and will of course explore legal action and a formal CIFAS complaint because clearly Virgin do not care about complaints and I have no trust in them to deal with it without an independent body being involved to mediate as I need someone to actually see all this for themselves to believe it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: DO NOT EVER GET VIRGIN MEDIA - MUST READ BEFORE GETTING THEIR SERVICES, WORST SERVICE IMAGINA...

Hi marchughes1986

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your getting two of your accounts transferred to another address.

Unfortunately as this has to be done specifically by our Moves and transfers team and with you having multiple accounts this is not something we can deal with through our community forums. 

What  I will do is send you a private message and take all your other account deals so we can link these accounts together and get you further help.

0 Kudos