Menu
edhw1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cut off by Virgin

Some new tenants are moving into my shared house at the end of this month and they have set up a new Virgin account for themselves. However, Virgin Media made the error of allowing the account to be opened early, meaning that the service we have paid for for the whole of June has been disconnected. I have spent hours on the phone trying to reach a solution, only for Virgin customer service to bounce me between different departments avoiding any responsibility for their error. In addition, each time I get close to a solution or request a refund, someone hangs up the phone. To make matters worse I am now stuck in this house with COVID and no WiFi, and Virgin are yet to offer a solution, despite it being their fault. If someone could give me some advice on how to solve my issue, I'd appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cut off by Virgin

Hi edhw1, 

Thanks for your pot and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although I am sorry to hear of not only your circumstances but the issue too. 

In terms of the service disconnecting early, you will only be billed up to the date that the services were active til. A bill is generated a few days later with any refunds on and you'll get this via cheque within 35 days of the account closing. 

Are you going to be staying in the share house with the new tenants or are you moving out? What date did you need the services to end on?

Let me know so I can check things further for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos