cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service agents - Truth or Lies?

Tinbot
Joining in

I'm sick of agreeing one thing on the phone then find the action VM takes is totally the opposite and always costs you more than what was agreed.

On 17th March I rang VM to find out what the impending April % rise would be as I had heard nothing at all from VM.  The agent confirmed my £94.25pm subscription would rise by £17pm to which I said that I would have to relook at keeping all my current  services.   She said she would see what she could renegotiate and came back and offered me to keep the same services for £86.80pm but only for the 10 months remaining on my current contract.  Before I accepted this I enquired that this new monthly deal would not be subject to the april increase and the agent confirmed that, no, there would not be any additional increase in price in April.  Later that day I had a confirmation email for £86.80 for 10 months and that my next bill on 11th April would be £61.00 due to a credit due to the change in price.  Job done I thought.

Low and behold the April Bill was for £82.50 and now the May bill has just dropped for £108.30!!    I spoke to another agent on Sunday who totally ignored what I told her I was offered and agreed on 17th March only to confirm that the increases are due to the April % rises.     After going round in circles I said I would like to request a transcript of the March phone call as I am confident of what was offered to me.   Initially she said that that was not possible but 10 minutes later "said" she had put a request in to a manager for a copy of the transcript.   She then blatantly denied to me that 10 minutes ago she had said it was not possible to get a transcript so that is when I quickly but politely ended the call.                                                                                                                             Can anyone help with this or do i just raise an official complaint with VM as this is the 2nd time in the last couple of years I've been offered one thing and its not materialised?

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Simple answer, that I found out about a long time ago, is to always record conversations with anybody on the phone when there is money involved.  When you have proof about quotes it’s very difficult for the other party to disagree. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Tinbot, thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community.

We're really sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel