Menu
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Customer for 25 years so why can't I have best deals?

My 12 month contract come to an end this month where I pay £47 pm for 350 BB only.  It will go up to £52 next month.

I called VM and the best they could offer was either to stay on current package and price or I could move to 500BB for £52pm

I pointed out that that VM offer new customers a deal for 500 BB + 5GB SIM for £47.

VM flatly refused to offer me anything similar saying that it was not possible on the system.  I was told I was speaking to the end of the line customer retentions and apparently there was no one else I could talk to to improve the offer

Surely VM have moved away from this ludicrous position of having better deals for new customers at the expense of existing?

Is there anyway to get VM to move their position on this?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer for 25 years so why can't I have best deals?

You’ve been a VM customer for 25 years, so you can get the best deals!....

Just with other companies, as a new customer.

You won’t get given new customer deals with VM, nor matched to them, no matter how many years of loyalty you have, it’s just the industry standard now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes I know its more or less the standard - but doesn't mean I can't vent about it!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They just offered me £35 per month for Anytime calls & 100Mbs broadband but on an 18 month contract. They have an action to offer a better deal not tied in so long. You have to be ready to quote other deals in your area of which most are cheaper than VM.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Blenky wrote:

Yes I know its more or less the standard - but doesn't mean I can't vent about it!

deals change daily or can do so its worth ringing back - they told you you were talking to the last deptto barter with - yes and no - if it was a UK call centre then yes [sort of] if it was offshore then no

but there is another tier of people but you or i cannot contact them - they contact you or may do - you start that process by giving 30 days notice - its not guaranteed but they usually call - its a one time off - again usually - take it or leave it - if you leave it it will be noted on your account but ringing back and asking 'normal' retentions to make the same offer will get you nowhere - they cannot as its not on their system

other than that change to another isp as a new customer and get a good deal then come back to VM under the same thing in a year or so - all a grand waste of time but it ticks the regulators box that competition works!

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I called back today.   Even though the other day I was told the offers I was given were final I got something better.   I already have a 12GB VM SIM costing £12 pm.  They rolled that, increased to 15gb, into a 500M package for £52pm. So net saving  of £7 pm and speed upgrade. 

I'm happy with that. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Blenky, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you were having issues with the package and the deal was not what you wanted. I am happy to hear that you have since been able to speak to us and get a new deal. Please let us know if you need any further assistance - Chris 

0 Kudos