Menu
LSW1927
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Customer Service Sucks!

Three phone calls later... still no broadband... no idea whether this is an area outage in S60 or is just me... promised an engineer within 4 hours (it’s now almost 23 hours and counting)... promised a call back within 24 hours, 3-5 hours and 1 hour... still waiting... been put on hold for a while and then cut off... been made to go through the reboot and cable check 4 times now... attempted submitting complaint form online and through app but it just clears all the fields on clicking the button to submit it... live chat is a useless bot... I’m sure I haven’t covered all Virgin Media’s failings but it’s enough to award them the UK’s Worst Customer Service prize. They have now knocked BT off the pedestal and in fact make BT look pretty good! Has anyone told Virgin Media that lots of people are still having to work from home and we need broadband access to do that??? Also I’m appalled that they charge a lot of money for the services provided but outsource their call centre to India where they will be paying the employees absolute peanuts in wages and little in the way of benefits. If I could leave VM I would but BT won’t upgrade our exchange to fibre so I’m stuck with this shower. I will never recommend Virgin Media to anyone!!!!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer Service Sucks!

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page?

If there is an wider area fault listed it will show the expected date and time it will be fixed. If there is a fault then any engineer visits will be cancelled until the fault is fixed. It's a waste of time and money sending out an engineer as there is all probability that your issue will be fixed when VM  complete the remedial work they are undertaking.

You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues which aren't listed in the Check Service Status section, down to postcode level.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi LSW1927,

Thanks for your post.

I am terribly sorry to hear of the ongoing broadband issues and for the poor experience that you have had in attempt to get these issues sorted, I can imagine how frustrating that must have been for you.

I've been able to find your account, and sadly I can't see that an engineer appointment was booked, however there doesn't appear to be any identified outages in your area. I can see that your signal levels are out of spec, so I have booked in the next available engineer visit for you.

To view your appointment time slot, please sign into your My Virgin Media account and head over to your orders page. The appointment can also be rearranged from there if needed.

Give us a shout if you need anything else!

Beth

LSW1927
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yep - did everything instructed before I made my first call (the app actually sent me a message to say there is a fault on the diagnostics and requested me to call the CSC number!). The call centre exists purely to have a CSA read a script out to the customer - they take zero action. It’s utterly pointless. I’ll be seeking a refund on my call charges and mobile data - VM are lucky that I’m not self employed or it could be expensive for them!

0 Kudos
LSW1927
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Beth - all is fixed and a new hub installed. Is there an issue with the online complaint form as I can’t submit it?

Can you please tell me how I can get compensation for the 3 days I lost and the calls and mobile data charges?

Many thanks for your help - you’ve redeemed VM!

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @LSW1927

Thanks for coming back to us. You wouldn't get compensation as it's only payable if there's a complete loss of service for 48 hours - see more here

We also wouldn't cover costs of calls or data charges I'm afraid. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
shaunny
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No compensation....what a shock

0 Kudos