Menu
robc2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Customer Service - Shambles

It’s difficult to express how bad the virgin experience has been since joining. Appreciating that things sometimes go wrong then customer services should come to the rescue.....right!

Well, that could not be further from the truth. I suspect that there are many of you out there that are equally frustrated by the service and I’m sure there are multiple threads discussing it. I am not a forum poster but feel the need to log my experience.

I signed up mid Nov 20 for delivery of equipment and activation on 14 Dec. Since that date I’ve spent hours on the phone to Virgin trying to resolve issues and in the main going over the same thing over and over.

the sorts of frustrations I’ve had include :-

1. Virgin disconnecting the call when the call handler puts me on hold after an hour on hold and a couple of minutes conversation.

2. Promised callbacks that never materialise or hours later than promised.

3. Passed from dept to dept and then back to the beginning of the call queue or disconnected.

3. The inability to deviate from the problem solving scripts they are given to say.

4. Virgin have undoubtedly some good people but have a greater number of inexperienced call handlers. When you get a good one, great, but I’d say that’s a 1 in 10. One of the good ones told me that Virgin had recruited recently a great number. I can only think training is happening in front of customers.

as of today (23 Jan) I’ve just managed to resolve all my issues bar 1 which relate to credits due to me. Some how I think that will be the hardest!!

up your game Virgin!

Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer Service - Shambles

Thanks for the post Robc2 and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of the experience this isn't the level of service we aim for.

We are glad you got things resolved though, what credit is due is this for missed appointments? If so it would be automatically done over the Ofcom automatic compensation scheme. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
robc2
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily

thanks for getting in touch.

yes, I have been told that the Ofcom scheme is automated however it has not worked in this instance. I have been given 1day compensation when in practice the installation should have been on the 14 Dec and equipment was not delivered until 18 Dec and not activated until 19th.

it would be great if you can pass this on as 2 calls, both of which were disconnected while the call handler was looking into it have failed to correctly reflect the delayed installation

thanks

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi robc2, 

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

I would be happy to review this for you but I will just need to confirm a few details via a private message. 

I will pop you over a private message now and this will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat
0 Kudos