Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Customer Retention - no offers- disconnected virgin - 50GBP more than new

I have been with virgin for 3 years. Not sure Why do new customers get a large discount like PS4/cashback and existing customers don't.

I am paying atleast 50GBP more than new customer and I asked to reduce it. Virgin customercare didnt offer any deal at all. It looks like they dont care. They are still working on deals for the existing customers.

Will be going back to SKY as they have offered me a deal for 55GBP including netflix that would match my original Virgin deal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer Retention - no offers- disconnected virgin - 50GBP more than new

Because they are encouraged to do it.

It is the telecoms regulator’s job (amongst other things) to prove competition in the sector is working. This is primarily gauged by how many customers are switching providers. Large (& frankly unsustainable) discounting encourages this behaviour, so all the providers do it & are allowed to do it.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I will be doing the same end of June ,no point being loyal to a company ,when loyalty works both ways ,but hey ho if that's how they want to run their company ,it's their prerogative ,I will give my money to someone else

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you are not loyal if you only stay if you get new customer pricing. In fact that makes you disloyal

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS SAYING THEY WORK FOR VM. Do not give any personal or account information over unless the person has the VM Logo next to their username.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Dont you move away from Virgin if you get better pricing somewhere and you are not offered like new customers atleast to some extend. there is no question of loyality here. Virgin is making business and I am expecting my cost to be reduced.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Like most providers (especially in this market) new customers get a temporary introductory discount (usually for a year) - this is made clear when you take out the services. The price then goes up to the standard pricing - although you can sometimes negotiate a discount for entering another 12 month contract - it won't be the same as a new customer discount. Its not a lack of loyalty to the customers, but how they attract new customers to the services.

If providers gave everyone the new customer deals they wouldn't make a profit.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@RRAJ135 wrote:
Dont you move away from Virgin if you get better pricing somewhere and you are not offered like new customers atleast to some extend. there is no question of loyality here. Virgin is making business and I am expecting my cost to be reduced.

I like the service I get. The SkyQ setup does not do what I want, & I would have to accept an 80% reduction in Broadband speed. As a result I accept I have to pay the going rate. OK I do phone up on a regular basis to see if I’m still on the best EC deals, but I don’t expect new customer rates because I know it would end up with us all paying more.

Use Kudos to say thanks