Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Customer Client Retention Call

I am a client of Virgin Media for a long time now, but after they almost doubled my bill and not being will to lower it to the old value I went ahead and asked for my cancellation.

Few days after received a call from someone saying that was from the client retention service, his name his Richard and the number he used was [REMOVED], and he offered me the 2 options that are indeed meeting my expectations, but I asked him to call a week later, because I was evaluating my options, and he indeed called, but I have not proceed to accept the offer.

The reason I have not accepted is because I am not able to verify that the number belongs indeed to VirginMedia or any associated company, and when contacting 150 they say they have not any register in my account of the call from Richard.

I work in the security space and we deal every day with scammers situations, thus this is the reason I am being so cautions.

Anyone can tell me how I can verify Richard is indeed acting in behalf of VirginMedia or at least that the phone number is from Virgin?

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Customer Client Retention Call

Hi kfoxtrot37,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry for any confusion over this, we can confirm that he is one of our agents. Since working from home, it would show as a mobile number that the agent calls from. 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Foxtrot.

I was on the verge of posting something really similar.

I reduced my package earlier this week and yesterday received a call from a fellow named Guy claiming similar as you experienced from Richard. He seemed to know exactly what I had done to my account and even tapped into the fact that I feel what I am being charged for for the remainder of the package is a bit steep.

He went on to offer me my full package back at a cut price of £38 (formerly £91) for the year, and in fact, if I kept his number and called him back on the anniversary of taking this deal then he would apply it again for a further year!

Before I could ask, he told me he appreciated this seemed odd and unverfiable but that he would have a virgin email sent detailing the offer and then I could call him back to activate this.  It all seemed too good to be true. I am still waiting on the email. Interestingly he didn't ask for my address, adding to my curiosity as to whether he was from Virgin.  I am left feeling that is was scam and I just wasn't taking the bait for him to progress with whatever spiel came next.

I'm interested to hear of others have experienced this too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Alex,

I have just replied to the OP and noted your response.

Is there a way we can get better assurances from these cold callers, or a means to check in the current environment?

Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi DavidMcG,

If you happen to receive any more calls which you are unsure of, you're more than welcome to pop back here so we can verify them for you.

I'd also recommend taking a look through our nuisance calls page, for more information on how to deal with suspicious calls.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Beth 

But can you  confirm if these calls ate from Virgin?

Is this a policy being applied by Virgin via the customer retention team?

The number used was 07956235174

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi DavidMcG,

I'm afraid we cannot validate the number as all the agents who are currently working from home will have their own individual mobile numbers and it wouldn't be possible to check; apologies for this. However all outgoing calls will be logged and noted against your account.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth...and All

Just to update you that I have had a mail confirming the deal being applied to my account. It's all true. £38 for 12 months.

David

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating the thread David

If you need anything from us further, feel free to drop a response below and either I or a member of our team will seek to assist you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos