cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score

Lwood98
Joining in

I informed Virgin media of when I would be moving house and arranged for them to install WiFi into my new property. I have always paid my bill via direct debit at the end of the month. On the 2nd March I had an email which stated my latest bill and within that email it had the date that the direct debit would be taken out. However, on the 9th March I received an email/letter telling me that action was required as my bill had not be paid. I immediately paid this bill and the added late payment charge, although this should have been paid by direct debit and is virgins fault. I have looked at my credit score today and virgin have reported it as a late payment??? How? This is their fault as they were supposed to take out the payment as a direct debit, but failed to do so. I also had funds in my account so that is not the issue. Any advice on how I can get this rectified and get the late payment taken off my credit score? 

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Consider trying the following:

• call and dispute the late payment with Virgin Media; if possible record the conversation and let the agent know that you are
  • submit a complaint, How to make a complaint | Virgin Media Help, and familiarise yourself with the processes and time frames involved making sure to progress it to conclusion

Hopefully the issue can be resolved without having to invoke the latter.

Should you:

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Lwood98,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to see that there's been an issue with payment, so this can be investigated I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain