cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score affected by outstanding payment amount

Teddyboy123
Joining in

Hi, I closed my Virgin media account however continued to receive bills claiming an amount was outstanding despite having a direct debit set up. Because of this it is now affecting my credit score and I need it to be amended. I have emailed the address for credit file amendment but of course have not heard back and am in the process of getting a mortgage so it is causing huge issues for me. I cannot get through to anyone willing to help me and cannot see any breakdown of bills as my account is now closed. Can anyone advise who i can speak with or who to email? Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Teddyboy123.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear about the issues with your Credit File after the last payment wasn't made.

When did you send the details by email?

Can I also ask what email address you used?

Sadly we are unable to deal with Credit Files or any financial aspects of accounts on here.

Gareth_L

Teddyboy123
Joining in

Hi Gareth, 

Thank you for your prompt reply. I sent the details by mail at the start of this week and have not heard back. In order to manage customer expectation I would expect an automated email acknowledging the customer email and details around response time in order to mitigate further requests for information. I emailed creditfileamendment@virginmedia.co.uk  Please do advise aside from this email address is there another way or contact details I can use in to speak to the relevant team?

Many thanks

Hello again Teddyboy123.

Thank you for replying.

It can take up to 28 days for our Credit file to get back to you.

You can also contact them by post.

Including the following information.

Name

Account Holders Name

Full Address where you had the services

A photo or screenshot showing the Virgin error on your credit file

Contact details for yourself

They will investigate this and come back to you within 28 days.

Consumer Underwriting, Virgin Media, Eagle Court 3, Coventry Road, Sheldon, Birmingham, B26 3RZ

Gareth_L

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think the contact email address is also creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk - note the additional "s" at the end of amendments

Also as a general point - you don't really have a credit score, this is a popular marketing term but nothing more. You have a credit file which contains details of all your lending - individual lenders use this for internal scoring, and a couple of companies also use it to sell you a "credit score". But technically, a credit score can be filed under "popular misconception" - it's the alleged error on your credit file that you should be reporting.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Gareth,

thank you for your reply. As I’m trying to apply for a mortgage at the moment the response time for Virgin credit amendment simply isn’t good enough customer service. 
i have my current mortgage, a credit card and up until recently a Virgin media account. As a goodwill gesture I would expect at least a phone or an offer of how to help outside of writing to someone as this will take weeks and weeks. I’m really relying on Virgin and it’s customer service levels to help out a loyal customer and so far it’s not great.