cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit on final bill

jamesleigh2
Joining in

Hi, I've received my final bill with a credit on it of £30.17.  How do I go about getting this back please? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jamesleigh2 

Refunds are usually sent by post to your billing address (unless you've moved and informed VM of the new address) and should reach you around 45 days after you've received your final bill.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks newapollo,

I have moved house, and I've looked and my old address is on the bill that's in credit.  Do you know if there is an email or phone number I can contact Virgin Media on to check?

Hi jamesleigh2,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

What date was your account closed?

^Martin

Hi Martin, account was closed on the 26th August. Thanks

Hi jamesleigh2, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us on this one. 

When the account disconnects, a final bill is generated a few days later. If there is a credit on there, this is held for 35 days to allow for any unbilled charges. Once this time has passed, if there are no unbilled charges the refund is then processed and either refunded via BACS or sent out via cheque. This will depend on how you made payment, the reason for the disconnection and your preference.

Based on your disconnection date of 26th August, the 35 day period ends 30th September. If you still don't hear anything at this point, please get back in touch here so we can check things further and help support with this. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs