Menu
Bling1255
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Credit limit

Hello all I’m just proper confused and that for my mum as she’s on virgin tv and phone no internet and she pays £85 a month she always pays £100 instead so in credit and yet this month like many others they have restricted all her services and no phone because they are saying she needs to pay another £53 to get her tv and phone back even though she paid £100 last week so £153 in 2 weeks I rang them and they said it’s because she’s over the credit limit and nxt months bill is £93 what do I do as she’s can’t keep paying this stupid money not the first time this has happened either feel like she’s getting ripped off as only basic tv as well and phone 

0 Kudos
Bling1255
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Feel ripped off

Hello all I’m just proper confused and that for my mum as she’s on virgin tv and phone no internet and she pays £85 a month she always pays £100 instead so in credit and yet this month like many others they have restricted all her services and no phone because they are saying she needs to pay another £53 to get her tv and phone back even though she paid £100 last week so £153 in 2 weeks I rang them and they said it’s because she’s over the credit limit and nxt months bill is £93 what do I do as she’s can’t keep paying this stupid money not the first time this has happened either feel like she’s getting ripped off as only basic tv as well and phone 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit limit

When VM add a credit limit to the account it is to limit the amount of additional charges that can be incurred in a billing period.

Such charges can be incurred if telephone calls are made outside of any inclusive package or exceed 60 minutes for a call within an inclusive package. There may also be charges for pay per view events and movies via the TV.

Do you know what phone package your mum is on?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Bling1255

Thanks for your post

Regrading your Mothers Services, Have you managed to the bottom of this yet

If not, can you let me know, That way I can confirm what @Graham_A has advised is correct 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Bling1255
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

• She has spent £153 in one month I think is shocking they said she used the phone to much as my dads sick and she rings the local doctor and hospitals a lot so she can’t help not using the phone they won’t up the credit limit or change her plan they have been rude to me on the phone and also rude to my mum saying If u don’t like the bill don’t use ur phone so much She’s still willling to pay it all though as she’s a loyal customer 
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

the credit limit is for this reason. its based on a credit report.

Its set to stop a bill being so high VM never see the payment.
What you need to do is pay off enough of the bill now to bring it under the credit limit.