Menu
mrsmozza82
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Credit limit

I had virgin media installed on Thursday 17th January. Today (21/01/19) my account has been suspended already for going over my credit limit of £110.

I have the full house package, broadband and phone plus sky sports and movies as well. This comes to around £140 per month so why is my credit limit UNDER what my actual bill is? I’ve been told I need to pay £51.60 to get my services reinstated???? My bill isn’t even due yet! 

Absolutely fuming to find I have no internet, tv or services after 4 days because of a credit limit set below my actual bill. 

Anyone have any idea because trying to contact Virgin Media is a joke! 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit limit

Credit limit and bills are two separate things, the credit limit is for phone calls and renting movies both must be paid by the due bill date. You can ask for your credit limit to be raised but as a new customer I'm not sure what the limits are.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
mrsmozza82
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So not renting any movies, downloading anything or even having a landline plugged in......

doesnt explain how my services have been suspended after four days and no purchases 

0 Kudos
mrsmozza82
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I haven’t exceeded £110 credit limit so I’m baffled why they would suspend services! 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi mrsmozza82,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Forums page.

Very sorry to hear about this situation. When your first bill is produced, this is a double bill as we charge a month in advance. When this is produced, this can put the balance on your account over your credit limit.

Have you spoken to the team about this and got it resolved since your post?

If you haven't please let us know and we will be more than happy to help.

Regards

Lindsey_C Forums Team

0 Kudos
mrsmozza82
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

No it hasn’t been resolved. Everytime I try and contact Virgin Media I am out on hold for ages and then it cuts me off. 

Luckily my Sky services are still up and running! 

I understand the charging in advance but my argument is that my monthly bill is higher than my credit limit. 

I haven’t bought or downloaded anything from Virgin in the four days my service was active. Yet I’ve gone over my credit limit? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry for the experience you have had when trying to get in touch with us.

As this hasn't been resolved, I will send you a PM asking for some details, if you can reply to that with the details requested, i will be more than happy to help you with this.

Regards

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos