Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Credit limit change

So my credit limit has always been £130 since I joined virgin years ago. This morning I received my latest bill which is under that amount yet I had a message saying my account has been suspended when I looked into it my credit limit has changed to £50....anyone know why this would happen I cant seem to get hold of anyone at virgin to speak to them 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit limit change

Credit limits now only look at usage on your account, whereas before they also looked at your service charges.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-credit-limits

So if your credit limit was £130 but for whatever reason your monthly services were more than that you'd get restricted, even if you hadn't made any chargeable calls or On Demand purchases.

Now you'll only get restricted for going over your credit limit if you spend over it on chargeable calls or On Demand usage. That's why it's a lower amount as it doesn't relate to monthly costs too.

Customers can still get restricted if there is an overdue balance irrespective of whether they've gone over their credit limit with their usage.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, i haven't used any on demand or phone calls or anything that would use up credit.

My bill had no outstanding arrears was 100% paid my new bill came in this Morning and instantly says I'm suspended never had this issue before.

My monthly package is over the £50 mark so does this mean I will have this problem every month when my bill comes in? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No, you shouldn't have it every month.

As I realised I should have said above, the credit limits should no longer look at the monthly costs and usage when working out whether you have exceeded your credit limit. They now only look at usage.

So if you have not exceed your credit limit by your usage then a restriction should not be down to the credit limit.

If you have paid your bill by the due date then a restriction should not be down to any overdue amount.

You'll need to speak to Virgin Media as to what is going on and why there is a restriction.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Staceymarie,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the account confusion.

I've checked the systems today and I can see that you spoke to the team after posting yesterday regarding this and I do hope everything is resolved

Let me know if you need further assistance

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos