Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Credit limit change

Any idea why my credit limit would have been lowered from £250 down to £50? This is absolutely ridiculous as even the lowest package I was on was over that amount. I've been with virgin media for about 5 years and my credit limit has always been £250. I only paid my bill last week and now they want more money! Absolute joke!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit limit change

Most likely this is an accident and can be resolved via phonecall either through 150 from a landline/virgin mobile or 0345 454 11 11.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, your credit limit is nothing to do with your bill.

All bills must be paid in full.

The credit limit is a way of stopping you spending money on PPV and telephone calls.

I would imagine that £50 is more than enough.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@jen1409 wrote:

Any idea why my credit limit would have been lowered from £250 down to £50? This is absolutely ridiculous as even the lowest package I was on was over that amount. I've been with virgin media for about 5 years and my credit limit has always been £250. I only paid my bill last week and now they want more money! Absolute joke!! 

It's down to what the credit limit now looks at. I've explained it here 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/My-Virgin-Media-App/Credit-limit-change/m-p/4451021#M2468

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. The credit limit is on my virgin media package and £50 doesn't even cover the lowest package which I am currently on. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you read the information supplied by Ben’s link, you should understand that your credit limit and package cost are unrelated.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It has been sorted out now. Apparently it was a glitch and it happened to a few people. They have now changed it back to the original limit of £250. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Out of interest, where did you see that your credit limit had been changed?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can see my credit limit on the dashboard of the app. I have just looked at it and it's changed to £50 again after they changed it back to what it should be! My services have now been suspended again! Getting sick of this as there is no reason for it!! Apparently it was a mistake last time. Looks like I'll be spending another few hours trying to get it sorted out again in the morning! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

For the limit itself as I said in my other link, anyone with an existing limit will have probably have had reduction recently, as what the credit limit system looks at has changed

Rather than services + usage, it's usage only. So the instead of looking at for example £80 service cost + £20 usage, then it's only looking at the £20. It also doesn't look at any remaining balance from previous bills where that happens.

So Virgin Media have reduced the limits accordingly to leave all customers with a credit limit enough of a new limit for normal usage above the cost of the services.

If Virgin Media left you on your £230 limit that would allow for £230 of movies or calls a month and that's extremely rare for residential service usage.

What's the recent charges on your account showing as in the app? To get restricted due to your new credit limit you'd have have more that £50 showing in there.

0 Kudos