cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit file amendment

PAFX
Joining in

Hi there, 

I've seen that there are a few other victims of the Virgin Media Credit-Score Destroying Department.

Long story short, was a customer using broadband but due to personal issues I had to move out sooner than my tenant contract's end date and I end up closing my Virgin Media contract sooner. Apparently, there was a closing early fee which is completely understandable, but I was never informed or aware of it. So there was a payment of 19.50 which I had to pay but because I overpaid and they had to reduce it. They had "written off" the payment. That was what I was told by someone from Virgin over the phone. And because the payment was written off nobody had contacted me about it. But apparently, they have tried to charge me every single month for this payment and SINCE 13.09.2021 (Today's date 17.03.2023) They have created outstanding Payments (1 for every month) and my credit score is negative at the minute. I have never missed a payment in my life just to find out that I can't even buy takeaway on finance due to my credit score. 

I've been suggested to email creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk which obviously I did on 07.03.2023 but no answer till today. I have no confirmation that they even have received my email. Please could somebody answer my email and sort this out? 

Please help me solve this as it is essential to somebody trying to get their life together and if going towards financial help from bank/ mortgages or anything like this just to find out that their whole life is going down just because of someone's incompetence. It is bizarre to me how many people have been scammed by this. 

1 REPLY 1

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PAFX,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about what has happened with your credit file and the overdue amount on the account. 

I am happy to take a look into this for you. I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin