cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card no longer being billed automatically

Xtefe
Tuning in

I have been paying my VM bill by VM automatically charging my credit card for years (decades!). Around February I was called by VM and asked if I could pay that month’s bill online because they had issues with their system. Since then no automatic payments have gone through (and I have had a late payment charge).  I phoned the”care” team and they said that the card needed to be set up again but they could not do it and I had to do it myself online.  I have searched all over the websites and while I see references in the ‘help’ to setting up auto card payments, I cannot find where to do this.  Can someone please give me specific instructions on how to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Xtefe

Thank you for your further response.

We can't take/set up any payments via this channel, however I have taken a look at this for you and it does appear that the payment method you were using is no longer a payment method we support.

This is likely why it's stopped now.

We would recommend instead setting up a Direct Debit or you can pay each month via e-billing with the card. 

There are other ways to pay in the link sent in our previous response also. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Xtefe 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you've been having issues with these payments no longer being set up 😔 I have checked our system and can see that you've spoken with the team since posting this.

Have they been able to help with this? If you need an further support, please let us know. We're always happy to help.

In the meantime, all payment methods we offer can be found here.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan

No they didn’t help me with that.  I was talking to them about the fact that they signed me up to a new 18 month contract despite me specifically telling them that I did not want a new contract. 
if there is something we can do about charging to the credit card then I would appreciate it.  That way least one of my issues would be solved. Thanks for the link but the only option it gives me is making a one off payment or setting up a direct debit. Nothing about a credit card.

Hi Xtefe

Thank you for your further response.

We can't take/set up any payments via this channel, however I have taken a look at this for you and it does appear that the payment method you were using is no longer a payment method we support.

This is likely why it's stopped now.

We would recommend instead setting up a Direct Debit or you can pay each month via e-billing with the card. 

There are other ways to pay in the link sent in our previous response also. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki,

I appreciate you taking the opportunity, unfortunately things have progressed.  When I raised a complaint about being signed up to a contract I specifically told the representative I did not want the resolution team gave me a disconnection date of 27th June..  I then sent an email to the Virgin CEO, although I have not received an acknowledgment, let alone a reply.  I did receive a call on Monday from a lady offering me a deal at £50 something, but as she couldn’t sort the credit card issue, I said no.  On Thursday a gentleman called offering me a ‘deal’ at £80 something (why would anyone accept £80 something after rejecting £50 something?).  Anyway I told him about the email to the CEO.

If Virgin no longer want to charge credit cards automatically why were customers and staff not told?  That way I would not have spent hours on the phone being given incorrect information and I would not now be looking for another supplier after around 25 years as a customer.

The resolution team’s email does not give me any details other than the date of disconnection.  Is there something else I need to do (e.g. return the modem and TiVo) or should I expect someone to contact me about that later?

Hello Xtefe.

Thank you for your reply. It is very much appreciated.

Sorry to hear you have decided to leave us.

We will send out a returns Package just after the account is closed.

There may be a charge for unreturned equipment. This is only applicable to the items listed below.

• Virgin TV V6 Box
  • Virgin TV 360 Box
  • Virgin TV Stream Box
  • Hub 4
  • Hub 5
  • Powerline Wi-Fi
  • Powerline Ethernet
  • Wi-Fi Booster
  • Wi-Fi Pod
  • Emergency Back-Up Line (EBUL) 
  • Any other equipment you may have will not be charged. Hope that helps. Gareth_L