cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit File Error Says Missed Payment After Cancelling

Georgeehall
Tuning in

I cancelled my virgin account in October and the final bill was due on the 13th of October, because my normal payment is the 1st of October, virgin have filed a missed payment of my credit score, which has meant I have now had a mortgage refused, even though I paid the full cancellation fee and process. 

This is just another way that Virgin is awful to its customers, and when I spoke to someone on the phone they said its not their problem. 

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Georgeehall

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that there was a disputed balance on the account which has impacted your credit file. If this balance has now been cleared and is no longer outstanding then please log the dispute with your choice of credit reference agency, such as Equifax or Experian.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach_R

Unfortuatnely, I think you have mis-interupted my point here. The balance is not disputed, I was giving a cancellation fee, of which I agreed to pay, but Virgin have said I missed the payment, when the payment has been made on time. 

I need it removed from my file, as its affecting other things.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you wait for the final bill, which would have been generated after your services were disconnected?

And then have any credits or debits settled? If you did - then email documentary evidence of that to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk who should investigate on a 21day basis and apply any corrections that are due.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Georgeehall 

Thanks for your response

I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further so we can have this resolved for you, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs