cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit File Ammendment

Jamieq12a1
Joining in

Hi I have a default on my account from years ago which was a mistake, it was fully paid off. I spoke to your colleagues on the phone who have said to emailand request for it to be ammended which I have now done twice. I was reassured on the phone they will definitely ammend it, however I never recieved an response. I need this ammending as it is ruining my credit score.

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A default is a record of an unpaid debt on your credit file. One of two scenarios can apply here.

1: The default was incorrect, in which case you should evidence this by emaol and investigations may result in it being removed outright.

2: The default was correct, in which case it shouldn't be removed but will be marked as settle once you've paid it.

Which scenario applies? And if you emailed the credit inbox, when did you do so?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jamieq12a1 👋,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear about the default on your report. 

Did you email creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk? 

The team aim to respond within 21 days.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Ayisha_B wrote:

Hi @Jamieq12a1👋,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear about the default on your report. 

Did you email creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk? 

The team aim to respond within 21 days.

Hi yes I emailed them a long time ago, I’ve tried twice well over 21 days apart too. Have never heard anything.

The first scenario applies thanks mate and email was a long time ago 👍

Thanks for coming back to us Jamieq12a1, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L