Menu
Bernadette76
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Credit Amendment File

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me here. Virgin applied a default to my credit file a few months ago which I was unaware of until I had my mortgage application rejected.

Virgin have agreed this was an error on their side and are cancelling the fee which I assume will eventually update my credit score. I have emailed the credit file amendment team but a 28 day response means we will lose our mortgage and the house we are supposed to be moving to. All I need is a letter I can show to the mortgage lender on headed paper confirming that the default was an error and will be removed.

Can someone please help with this

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit Amendment File

Hi Bernadette, 

Welcome to our Community Forums and thank you for posting. 

I am really sorry to hear this. The team aim to respond within 28 days - it can be sooner.

When did you send the email?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Bernadette76
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ayisha,

I only sent the email today but got notification of 28 days turnaround - the problem with this is I will lose my mortgage and the house we have offered on because of a fault on Virgin's side.

I would appreciate if this could be expeditated.

Thanks
Bernadette
0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back Bernadette. 

Usually a mortgage lender would not accept a letter as they would just go of the credit file report but I'd be more than happy to pop a letter in the post confirming what has happened?

Let me know if you would like me to do this for you. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Bernadette76
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

yes please - i would very much appreciate a letter confirming the charge was an error and is being corrected by Virgin. My mortgage lender has told me they will be able to use this.

Can you email it to the email address that was on my account 

I assume you have all the details? I am not sure how to private message

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Will pop you a PM now Bernadette to discuss further 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Bernadette76
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Can you please reply to my private message - I still have not received either an email or letter confirming Virgin's mistake and have now lost out on the house we had offered on. I had a deadline of today to get a mortgage offer which is clearly not going to happen now.

This is extremely urgent as if we can't get a mortgage due to Virgin's error we will be stuck in a very difficult position

0 Kudos
Bernadette76
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Credit file amendment - URGENT HELP PLEASE

First off apologies for starting a second thread but it seems to be the only way to get a response.

On my last thread I explained I was unable to get a mortgage due to a credit file default from Virgin, I won't bore you with the details but this was a long running saga from March last year which ended in me getting a letter confirming the error on Virgin's side and being told it would be sorted. Little did i know the incorrect charges were not corrected and instead I have a default on my credit file - I found this out when I realised I cannot get a mortgage anywhere!

Ayisha_B did respond to me and confirmed a letter would be sent to me and also an email to confirm the error was Virgin's and my file would be corrected - this is what my lender required to move the mortgage forward. Since responding on the forum I cannot get hold of her at all so I am trying again.

PLEASE PLEASE assist me with this as I have already had one house fall through because I cannot get a mortgage. Your own representatives confirmed to me verbally on Wednesday that there was no fault on my side.

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit file amendment - URGENT HELP PLEASE

Hi Bernadette,

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. 

Unfortunately, I was out of the office for a couple of days. I have drafted something up for you which I will request to be checked over and sent to you via email today and post accordingly.

I just need to take you through some DPA before this can be done. 

Please check you PM.

Speak soon. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit file amendment - URGENT HELP PLEASE

Thanks for speaking with me via PM and completing security Bernadette.

The email has now been sent as requested so that should be in your mailbox now 🙂 

Letter to follow as advised. 

I have also emailed our Credit File Amendments team internally for you and have requested for the relevant alterations to be made. 

Let me know if there's any issues going forward.

Kind Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

0 Kudos