Menu
Highlighted
Paced19
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Creating an account issues.

I recently returned to Virgin for my broadband package, after an absence of a few months. 

Because I previously had an account, I have been told by their customer service department that I cannot use my regular email address again to manage my new account. Their response ‘you’ll have to make a new email address to access your online account ‘. 

I like to keep my internet footprint as low as possible, so I feel that this is ludicrous to suggest. 

It is quite possible for their IT department to find ways to solve this. I have a small utility provider that has managed to do this for me. So why can’t a so called giant like Virgin do this?

The current customer service from Virgin is beyond poor. At the moment I would not recommend them to anyone. 

And the irony that I had to create an account to post this here, is not lost on me!!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Creating an account issues.

Hi Paced19,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for creating this post as requested. I do apologise once more for the issues you've been having regarding your email address and new account.

This is certainly something we can take a look at for you. If the email address is still on our system, it may indeed be blocking the creation of a new account. However, we should be able to either transfer everything from the old account to the new one, or get everything removed to then re-add.

In order to do this, we will need to clear security on both accounts. We'd never discuss personal details over an open forums so I'll send you a private message. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos