cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of my package

wilber_force
Superfast

I keep seeing VM dangling carrots to entice folk to join them at prices much lower than the amount I'm paying.

I've been with VM, and it's predecessors since the guys dug the street up to lay b/band cabling which from what I can establish is 26 years.  Could that be possible?

What I'm moaning about is that I pay £84 / month for - 

M125 Fibre Broadband, 

Maxit TV, 

Talk Weekends.

Am I being over charged for what a new customer would get?

Is there no loyalty bonus for staying with VM, it looks like there isn't from where I'm sitting.

Cheesed big style

W. F.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cardiffman282
Super solver

That's very dear for that package. You are being milked for all you're worth for your loyalty by VM here. Price up a relevant package from another supplier via Uswitch and call VM on 0345 454 1111 selecting thinking of leaving us option and haggle. Just mention the competitor package and do not mention loyalty. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Super solver

That's very dear for that package. You are being milked for all you're worth for your loyalty by VM here. Price up a relevant package from another supplier via Uswitch and call VM on 0345 454 1111 selecting thinking of leaving us option and haggle. Just mention the competitor package and do not mention loyalty. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

goslow
Alessandro Volta

There is no customer loyalty discount. In fact anyone sticking with VM for a long time, without renewing, is probably paying a loyalty penalty/premium.

Those who seem most successful in keeping their prices with VM down are the ones who renew every 18 months and haggle a new deal with VM. VM aims to carve out a unique price for each customer based on the haggling process. As a result, different customers on here often report paying wildly different prices for exactly the same package of services.

When did you last renew with VM? Without renewing regularly VM will just keep price-walking your subscription onwards and upwards.

Depending on the outcome of any renewal haggling with VM, you may need to consider leaving for a different supplier. With a new supplier you will get new customer pricing there. If you ever decide to return to VM, you will be a 'new' customer once again and get a discounted package offer.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @wilber_force 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you are feeling unhappy with your package. We are constantly adding new deals and offers and our team on 0345 454 1111/150 would be more than happy to look at your current deal and see if we have anything more suited to your needs and budget. 

If you do call the team please do let us know how things are looking after the call.