Menu
Rudders2
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cost of Virgin media

I really can't believe the cost of Virgin Media. I've been a customer for 10 years....no customer loyalty schemes...just price increase!!! 99 pounds a month is just too much!  

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cost of Virgin media

No suppliers have loyalty schemes, excluding the very poor Sky VIP.

Your only option is to speak to the Retentions department. Phone in 150 from your Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111, taking the ‘thinking of leaving’ options.

You will get a small discount in return for a new minimum contract period.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

No suppliers have loyalty schemes, excluding the very poor Sky VIP.  You will get a small discount in return for a new minimum contract period.

VM do call theirs a "loyalty discount" though - as you say for a new 12mo contract.

medium.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Personally, I disapprove of calling these loyalty discounts. They are, in most cases, disloyalty discounts.

I have advocated before a true loyalty scheme which rewards true loyalty by giving automatic discounts for continuous custom, say after 5, 10 and 15 years.

I would also scrap Retentions, Outbound Retentions and New Customer deals. 

A fixed price list for all would be required too.

The problem is, as has been said many times before, the industry, all suppliers are too engrained in the current new customer discounts / inertia system that there is no way such a change as I advocate could ever occur.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was paying over 100 for two fully loaded boxes with HD, Sky Movies and Sports and 350mb

I downgraded to 40 pounds a month for one box with HD channels but no Sky movies or Sports and 200mb

I don't miss much of the missing content, or notice any change in internet speed. I used the savings to buy a nice Smart TV which is hooked to internet and between freeview and internet tv gets everything I had before....700 pound a year saving, I can buy a new 50 tv every year if I wanted to. 

jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@machineghost wrote:

I don't miss much of the missing content,

Surely you miss watching the awesome Man City tearing up all before them..I suppose you could afford a season ticket now though?  .Smiley Happy

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.