cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract

Leof
Tuning in

I am having the same problem as others have posted on here. When I log in to my account I'm getting a message that it is time to renew my contract, my contract runs until November 24, I have discounts that run until my contract ends.

Can somebody please tell me what is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Leof, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums.

Virgin Media charge for the service a month in advance so the discount is likely to run until October 24

Can you confirm if this is the 24th or 2024. 

Chris. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

TableTop
Up to speed

Actually that’s fair enough, your contact doesn’t end on Nov 24th, what will happen is that any ‘promotional discounts’ will end, you will move to a rolling monthly contract at a higher price.

The message is simply a warning that if you do nothing, come 24th Nov you will be paying a lot more and inviting you to contact VM to renegotiate a new 18 month minimum term contract, or not!

Of course, before doing anything, the best advice is to check what alternatives are available to you, what sort of package would you be looking for and how much are you prepared to pay!

Derek918
On our wavelength

I believe the op means November 2024.

Leof
Tuning in

@TableTop, I'm not sure what you meant in your reply, my account says it's time to renew and the link goes no where when I click it. Two other posters on this forum have had this but the answers to their problem were private messages so I am none the wiser.

Just to add to this, on my latest bill it says

Your package
As you've made some changes since your last bill,
this section might look a little different to last
month. If you've added a service or changed your
bundle, you'll see your new items here.

The only change I've made was my email address to log in to the account.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Leof, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums.

Virgin Media charge for the service a month in advance so the discount is likely to run until October 24

Can you confirm if this is the 24th or 2024. 

Chris. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your minimum term & discount expiry dates are shown on all your monthly bills & contract. Usually when this is coming upto time, VM will make contact to advise of this, and to remind what your standard monthly costs will be once the discounts expire.

That's usually a good time to start pricing up your options.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Chris, I have just looked at my bill and the discounts run until the 6 September 2024, my contract runs until the same date, sorry for the incorrect information.

Hi Leof, thanks for confirming. We charge for the service a month in advance so would recommend that you contact us 30 days before expiry. ^Chris. 

Hi Chris, yes I realise that I am charged a month in advance, but I am asking about the renewal button on my account page, I managed to get through on the phone and was told that there must be some sort of glitch because my contract runs to 6 September 2024, when I view my contract online it shows an old contract so I am confused and it seems so is the system.

Hi Leof, thanks for the reply. I will send you a PM so that this can be looked into. - Chris.