Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Contract

Hi.

Please can anyone tell me why it is that when asking to terminate my contract I have forced upon me an upgrade from 50mbs to 100mbs . I did not ask for this and have called several times to confirm removal of ALL services yet I'm still down to receive 100mbs broadband. Why are Virgin trying to tie me into a service that I have not asked for and will cost me more ? This is not good practice and is not unlike a policy used by loan sharks. I cant see any way to email my requests and can only see that making a formal complaint and forwarding my recorded phone calls to the Ombudsman may resolve this. Has any one any idea how to make these people understand that I DO NOT want ANY of their services and bill me the correct bill.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract

https://www.t3.com/news/virgin-media-to-dole-out-free-broadband-speed-boost-to-over-1-million-homes

The two issues are separate. As long as your termination is confirmed all is good.  There will not be a charge for the 50 to 100 increase.

Do the loan sharks round your way hand out double the money you ask for free? Where can I contact them?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My bill showed me that I was to pay for a service I did not ask for, it was not given for free. When I called customer services they informed me that I was to pay and my broadband was not to be terminated. My reaction is formed from the information given.

Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ricky2020,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a very warm welcome to you, I am sorry you are thinking of leaving.

Have you managed to speak to our customer relations team?

Regards

Paul. 

0 Kudos