cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewal

mask2082
Tuning in

Contract is ending today. So, I have decided to have a look at the offers VM had. Online my renewal offer was £42.00. That looked great for a 1Gb package (broadband only). I thought I will try talking to VM online to see if they can upgrade my Hub 4 to Hub 5. As so many here, the promised 104Mb upgrade has not happened to me. My account online is saying my upload is 104 Mb, but after rebooting the router every day and running tests I cannot get past 55Mb or so. Anyway, I thought maybe as part of the contract renewal that could be “thrown in”.

First person on a chat offered £50 per month and said they cannot offer Hub 5. I told them about £42 deal and they wanted to know where I saw that. I have even sent them a printscreen. Was advised to call VM.

So, I did. I was told £43.00 a month would be my offer and after running some diagnostics was told that Hub 5 could be offered by “technical” team as my speed has somehow now dropped to 16Mb. Notes were added to the account and I was transferred to the “technical team”.

They have offered me £58.00 per month! No new hub as they cannot offer that anymore. Also, apparently, Hub 5 might not even support 1Gb speed, it has a lot of connection issues and basically is just not good and people go back to Hub 4 after a while. I have to say that is quite interesting to hear from an official VM rep. I have a feeling he was giving me a lot of bull****.

So, I thought, I will just go online, forget Hub 5 and take my £42.00 deal. Only problem now, when I click on “Upgrade package” my offer has changed to £55.00! I would have thought I have dreamt up the £42.00 deal, but VM emailed me with the Pre-contract PDF documents that clearly state £42.00 for the same package I have. I should have clicked Confirm and not waste my time with chatting and calling.

Is there anyone here that can help me, since I am not sure anymore what is the deal that I can get?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mask2082 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the online order issue - I have seen a few of these happen but they normally take around 7 working days for it to go through. I will send you a PM though to investigate this further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mask2082 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the online order issue - I have seen a few of these happen but they normally take around 7 working days for it to go through. I will send you a PM though to investigate this further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

mask2082
Tuning in

Hi John,

Thanks for your PM. I have sent you the info. 

Hi @mask2082 

I have replied also 🙂

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mask2082 

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to sort this for you 🙂

If you ever need further assistance, please pop back to the forum community.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Just wanted to say a big thanks to John_GS, once again people working here have sorted it. He was friendly, efficient and knew exactly what was going on. And all that during the bank holiday weekend. 

Thanks again. 

Haha you're more than welcome @mask2082 

Have a great rest of Bank Holiday 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team