Menu
Mildo2k
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Contract renewal

Hi

I am a long term customer with both Virgin Media and O2, and my most recent deal  with Virgin has ended last month. I hadn’t received any renewal reminder so had only noticed once my bill had doubled.

I have phoned up the call centre twice now and each time have not been offered a reasonable deal for renewal. 

I seem to be getting penalised for being a long term customer of VM & O2. Over the years VM has given us boosts with broadband speed and more recently I have linked my VM & O2 through the Volt offers.

If I want to renew now, any of those boosts are being completely disregarded, and it seems that the only offer’s that I can be given is someone trying to up-sell a broadband boost of only 50 MB/S for £13 more per month than my current new bill without any deals of £70 per month.

I feel that this has been just a big slap in the face along with all the current issues that the UK is suffering with the energy crisis and cost of living crisis. I feel that VM are no longer customer centric and are more profit focussed these days.

I for one will be looking at alternate providers, especially with the recent rollout of CityFibre.

Kind regards

Iain

0 Kudos
Reece_MH
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract renewal

Hi @Mildo2k/Iain,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to hear that we weren't able to provide you with a deal that is reasonable for you in terms of your needs and budget at the time of contacting us. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with package changes over our Forums. 

We always need to balance our prices to continue investing in our network, products and services to meet customer demand. At a time when customers are using our services more than ever, and our costs are going up, we need to keep a balance in our product offerings.

Our deals are changing all the time and we have a great range of offers available to existing customers. If you would like to look at what we can do for you, please contact us on 0345 454 1111 (Option 4) and a member of our team will be able to make sure we get you everything you need.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide