cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewal problem

kkc55
Joining in

I am posting this hoping that the forum team can pass it to someone who can help.

My 18 month contract with discounts is due to expire in early November. My Virgin Media gave me an offer of a similar package and price. I submitted an online order for this and received a confirmation email with an estimated start date for the new services of 24 October. This date passed and I heard nothing more. An online check confirmed I had no open orders.

I have called and staff I spoke to tried to help but could not. They suggested web chat but there were no agents free to deal with it. I gather online orders sometimes fail if requested too early but they could not check even though I have an order number. My latest bill was issued on 25 October. Perhaps this complicated it?

Could someone at Virgin have a look and see how this order can be resurrected please. I have a confirmation email and screenshots showing the offer on my account.

11 REPLIES 11

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @kkc55 thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Can you confirm please, if you were signed into your My Virgin Media when it presented you with the offer, or was this via an email invite and perhaps you weren't signed into My Virgin Media when you pressed the link?
Can you also confirm please what date you were presented with the offer?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom

I was logged into My Virgin Media when I saw the offer ie it appeared to be a personalised one based on my existing package.

I can't be sure of the exact date I first saw the offer. It was no more than a couple of days before I placed the order which was 21 October.

Thanks for your help.

Hi @kkc55 thanks for your reply, no problem at all.

So with these types of offers, there is a little backlog at the moment which we are aware of and do apologise for the delay here.

These can take up to 10 working days (Mon-Fri, so 2 weeks) to be processed, so please contact us again if this still hasn't been applied by this point.

We do hope this helps and please reach out to us if you need to do so further down the line.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks for looking into this.

I will wait another week or so to see if the order goes through ok.

Thanks kkc55, no worries 😊

Beth

Further to my original post on this topic it's now more than 2 weeks since I accepted the offer of a new 18 month package that was made via My Virgin Media account. I accepted it on 21 October and received a confirmation email the same day quoting order number CH2052540043.

Can you pass this on to someone who can investigate why it has not been actioned please. I was told there can be a delay with orders raised this way but am not confident anything is happening with it.

Thank you for popping back to us @kkc55 and I am so sorry that this has not yet been added. I'd be more than happy to take a closer look into this with you via a private message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello again @kkc55 and thank you for chatting with me via the PM. I am very glad we have no managed to get this all sorted. 

Please do let us know how things are looking after the install and if you ever do need any help again please do pop back to the forums and we will do all we can to help. 

I just wanted to post here in the forum to thank you for your help in sorting this out. I will update once the updates have been done, hopefully in the next few days.