cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewal nightmare

Jonanlynds
Joining in

I am going to be making a formal complaint to virgin media.

I have never encountered such frustration and ineptitude, particularly in this cost of living crisis where this company is basically acting criminally.

Our contract was ending this month, so I contacted virgin media to renew our contract. Our price was going up from £25 a month to £54 a month! Ridiculous increase for a start - criminals gambling on the fact that people don’t tend to check this sort of thing. 

Anyway, I managed to get a renewed contract agreed for £27 a month, and was happy with that, but the customer service rep said that they couldn’t put it through the system, so someone would call me in the next 7 days to sort it out. 

I waited 7 days - nothing, so rang them again, but they could only renew the contract for £34, but again said someone would ring me to sort it out in 7 days. I asked why they couldn’t just put it through there and then - but oh no! The computer didn’t give them access to do that! Absolute rubbish! 

So another 7 days has passed and still no phone call, but now in the meantime I have just been charged £66.45 for me latest bill! 

PULLING MY HAIR OUT WITH ANGER!! 

Read this Virgin Media - I am going to be making a formal complaint, I am also going to be moving to Vodafone, also I will move my phone contract from O2 to someone else. I have been a customer of both Virgin Media and O2 for many years. Never again!!

5 REPLIES 5

Mr_K
Well-informed

Put the complaint in. They record the calls so if you were offered £27 (by mistake or not), they'll have to honour it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't forget your 14 day cooling off period plus your right to cancel without penalty under the current price hike rules.

If you wanted to enforce the original agreement you still could under s50 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 regardless of alleged IT hitches at VM. Demand a copy of the call recording via the SAR route and then a formal complaint with a view to escalating to Ombudsman Services. 

But you may well find yourself happier shipping out. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jonanlynds,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your experience amending your package with our team.

As with all providers, we create introductory offers to new customers. At the start of all of our customer’s time with us they will have benefited from such a deal. Once this expires we'll always do all we can to offer the best existing customer deal available. You can find Existing Customer Deals on our website for more information to see what we can offer. 

I completely understand your frustration and I'll do all I can to look into this and see why your package was not added. I'll be able to raise a complaint and manage that for you.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Paulina - I have sorted it now with customer services. Thanks for the resolution, however it really shouldn’t have been that difficult that I had to resort to posting on this forum. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update, 

I'm glad you were able to resolve the matter however apologies for the delays with the issue.

Do pop back up to the team if you require further assistance.

Regards,

Kain